Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Contour techniques // técnicas de contorno

English

Hello ladies,


Today we're talking about contour and highlighting !


What is contour ?


Contour is a technique used by make-up artists to enhance the facial features by highlighting and "darkening" certain areas of your face. 


There are different ways to contour. Some people prefer to contour before applying face powder with a contour stick and a highlighter pen. Others prefer to contour after applying face powder and eye makeup with a lighter powder and a darker powder. I mix these two ways. First I use the contour stick and the highlighter pen and when I'm done with my make up, I apply the powders, just to let the look more defined.


Contouring usually depends on the shape of your face:



I have a round face, therefore I prefer the first technique. I usually contour the zone under the cheekbone, the jawbone, the sides of the forehead and the top of forehead. Then, to thicken my nose, I contour the sides of my nose (as show in the picture bellow). When it comes to highlighting, I highlight above my cheekbone, the center of the forehead, between the cheekbone and the jawbone, and to thicken my nose, I highlight the middle of my nose:





After blending all that with a blending sponge (or beauty blender):








And applying face powder to keep it all in place, this is the result:


Just a note: after applying the face powder, I usually apply a darker powder (2 tones above my skin tone) over the areas where I previously contoured, to define it a little more. And over those areas I highlighted I also apply a powder, but this time, a highlighting powder.


This is all for today !



If you have any questions feel free to ask on a comment bellow or by sending an email to the50shadesofmakeup@gmail.com. And don't forget to follow us on Facebook(www.facebook.com/the50shadesofmakeup) and on Instagram (@ the50shadesofmakeup )


Bisous 




Português

Ladies,

Hoje vamos falar sobre contorno !

O que é o contorno?

Ora, o contorno é uma técnica utilizada pelos artistas de maquilhagem para acentuar as linhas da rosto, ao escurecer e iluminar certas áreas do rosto. Está técnica é muito utilizada para diminuir o tamanho do nariz e para tornar a cara mais elegante. 

Há dois momentos em que se pode fazer o contorno: antes de aplicar o pó, usando um corretor de olheiras escuro para contornar e um iluminador para iluminar; ou depois de aplicar o pó, usando um bronzeador e um pó iluminador. Eu misturo estas duas técnicas, para que o efeito dure mais.

O tipo de contorno depende da forma da cara:



(Formas: Round - redondo; Square - quadrado ; Heart - coração; Pear - pêra; Long - longo )

O meu rosto é redondo, por isso, prefiro a primeira técnica. Usando um corretor de olheiras escuro, contorno o maxilar, os lados da testa, o topo da testa, debaixo das maçãs da cara e os lados do nariz.
Quanto à parte iluminada, uso um iluminador no centro da testa, na zona debaixo dos olhos, na zona entre as maçãs e o maxilar, no queixo e no meio do nariz:




Depois, espalho tudo com uma esponja própria:



E depois de aplicar o pó e o resto da maquilhagem, este é o resultado:




E é tudo por hoje !!

Qual dúvida que tenham não hesitem em deixar no comentário ou em mandar uma mensagem para a nossa página do Facebook ( www.facebook.com/the50shadesofmakeup ) e não se esqueçam de nos seguir no Instagram ( @the50shadesofmakeup )

Bisous 

No comments:

Post a Comment